- CSAMES Brown Bag Lecture: Transnational Families and Area Studies: Kinship Networks in Oman and East Africa
- 3/2/2015, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Swati Chattopadhyay: "The Spatial Politics of Marginality"
- 3/3/2015, 4:30 pm
- CSAMES Brown Bag Lecture: "Subsistence Marketplaces in India and Beyond"
- 3/9/2015, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Lecture: "Islam and Violence: Three Major Issues"
- 3/10/2015, 7:30 pm
- CSAMES Brown Bag Lecture: Prince of Gujarat: The Extraordinary Story of Prince Gopaldas Desai, 1887-1951
- 3/16/2015, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
News & Announcements
CSAMES affiliate Rini Bhattacharya Mehta, Assistant Professor of Comparative and World Literature and of Religion, publishes new book
- Posted Fri, 23 Jan 2015 CSAMES receives two-year grant (Oct.1, 2014-Sept. 31, 2016) from the U.S. Department of Education’s Undergraduate International Studies and Foreign Language program to promote South Asian studies on our campus.
- Posted Fri, 09 Jan 2015
- Posted Thu, 08 Jan 2015
- Posted Thu, 08 Jan 2015 Behrooz Ghamari-Tabrizi receives Conrad Humanities Scholar award
- Posted Tue, 09 Sep 2014
For more information, click here.
To read about the new grant, click here.
Click here for details.
Click on link to read the CSAMES blog!
CSAMES MA student Umair Rasheed to present at the 4th Annual University of California Santa Barbara Islamic Studies Graduate Student Conference
Sarah Lazare, former student at CSAMES, writes at Commondreams.Study Abroad, Winter 2014
Graduate and undergraduate students are invited to submit reports on CSAMES-sponsored events for inclusion in our blog. Reports should be sent to Angela Williams at email@example.com
Graduate and undergraduate students are invited to submit reports relating to their research on South Asia and the Middle East, including study abroad courses or projects completed abroad. Photos, charts and maps may be included. Accepted papers will be posted on the CSAMES website. Material should be sent to Angela Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
For flyer, click here.
For event details, click here.
For website, click here.