- CSAMES Brown Bag Lecture: Gender Bias in Textbooks
- 10/6/2014, 12:00 pm
- Speaking: Aazamosadat Feizmohammadpour: Lecturer, Linguistics
- CSAMES Brown Bag Lecture: Creating Bibliographic Resources: The Albert Howe Lybyer Papers and the University of Illinois’ Middle East Collection
- 10/13/2014, 12:00 pm
- Speaking: Salvatore V. De Sando: Graduate Student, Graduate School of Library and Informaton Science (GSLIS)
- Indian Ocean Conference and Teacher Workshop
- 10/16/2014 - 10/18/2014
- CSAMES Brown Bag Lecture: Poverty and Income Distribution in Low-, Medium-, and High-Income Arab Countries: Estimation and Policy Assessment (Yemen, Egypt, and Bahrain)
- 10/20/2014, 12:00 pm
- Speaking: Professor Karima Korayem: Professor of Economics, Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt; Fellow, Comparative Research Program on Poverty, Norway
- CSAMES Brown Bag Lecture: Food Security in the Arab World: Challenges and Opportunities
- 10/27/2014, 12:00 pm
- Speaking: Gouda Abdel-Khalek: Professor of Economics at the Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University
News & Announcements
Behrooz Ghamari-Tabrizi receives Conrad Humanities Scholar award
- Posted Tue, 09 Sep 2014 New book by Professor Linda Herrera--Revolution in the Age of Social Media: The Egyptian Popular Insurrection and the Internet. Published by Verso, 2014.
- Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 Statement from the CSAMES Executive Committee on the firing of Dr. Steven Salaita
- Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 Varanasi ghats report
- Posted Fri, 01 Aug 2014
- Posted Wed, 18 Jun 2014
Click here for details.
Click here for details.
Click here to view statement.
Amita Sinha and her students in Landscape Architecture did a site workshop in Varanasi in January 2014 on the restoration of ghats and developed their proposals in the spring semester studio. The goals of the project are to assess the cultural heritage of the ghats and to develop a socially and environmentally sustainable vision for their landscape conservation.
For the complete report, click here.
Click on link to read the CSAMES blog!
CSAMES MA student Umair Rasheed to present at the 4th Annual University of California Santa Barbara Islamic Studies Graduate Student Conference
Sarah Lazare, former student at CSAMES, writes at Commondreams.Study Abroad, Winter 2014
Graduate and undergraduate students are invited to submit reports on CSAMES-sponsored events for inclusion in our blog. Reports should be sent to Angela Williams at email@example.com
Graduate and undergraduate students are invited to submit reports relating to their research on South Asia and the Middle East, including study abroad courses or projects completed abroad. Photos, charts and maps may be included. Accepted papers will be posted on the CSAMES website. Material should be sent to Angela Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
For flyer, click here.
For event details, click here.
For website, click here.