- The Black Death and Beyond: New Research at the Intersection of Science and the Humanities
- 1/29/2015, 7:30 pm
- CSAMES Brown Bag Lecture: In Search of the Aryan Seed: The Politics of Race, Religion, and Territory in Indian-Occupied Kashmir
- 2/2/2015, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Speaking: Mona Bhan, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, DePauw University
- CSAMES Brown Bag Lecture: Transnational Families and Area Studies: Kinship Networks in Oman and East Africa
- 2/9/2015, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Speaking: Nathaniel Mathews, PhD Candidate, History, Northwestern University
- Lecture: Christian Orthodox churches in central Turkey (Cappadocia region)
- 2/9/2015, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Speaking: Professor Tom Papadimitriou, Director of the Center for Hellenic Studies at The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
- CSAMES Brown Bag Lecture: The Potential of In-Betweenness: Egyptian Violinists and the Colonial Encounter
- 2/16/2015, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Speaking: Lillie Gordon, Ph.D., Lecturer 2012-2015, School of Music University of Illinois
News & Announcements
CSAMES affiliate Rini Bhattacharya Mehta, Assistant Professor of Comparative and World Literature and of Religion, publishes new book
- Posted Fri, 23 Jan 2015 CSAMES receives two-year grant (Oct.1, 2014-Sept. 31, 2016) from the U.S. Department of Education’s Undergraduate International Studies and Foreign Language program to promote South Asian studies on our campus.
- Posted Fri, 09 Jan 2015
- Posted Thu, 08 Jan 2015 Behrooz Ghamari-Tabrizi receives Conrad Humanities Scholar award
- Posted Tue, 09 Sep 2014 New book by Professor Linda Herrera--Revolution in the Age of Social Media: The Egyptian Popular Insurrection and the Internet. Published by Verso, 2014.
- Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014
For more information, click here.
To read about the new grant, click here.
Click here for details.
Click here for details.
Click on link to read the CSAMES blog!
CSAMES MA student Umair Rasheed to present at the 4th Annual University of California Santa Barbara Islamic Studies Graduate Student Conference
Sarah Lazare, former student at CSAMES, writes at Commondreams.Study Abroad, Winter 2014
Graduate and undergraduate students are invited to submit reports on CSAMES-sponsored events for inclusion in our blog. Reports should be sent to Angela Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate and undergraduate students are invited to submit reports relating to their research on South Asia and the Middle East, including study abroad courses or projects completed abroad. Photos, charts and maps may be included. Accepted papers will be posted on the CSAMES website. Material should be sent to Angela Williams at email@example.com
For flyer, click here.
For event details, click here.
For website, click here.